Monday, November 29, 2010

On the Table with Ronald Brister

Everyone say hello to Ronald!!


(Photo courtesy of Ronald Brister)
Ronald is a good friend of mine and a very successful LMT in Slidell, LA. We had the fortune and pleasure of going to massage therapy school together. And he has been kind enough to answer a few questions about his work as a LMT and his various pastimes.


MW: How long have you been a MT and what inspired you to start?
RB: 7 years..I had always enjoyed massaging my friends. A girl I worked with was going to massage school and I thought I would give it a try.

What kind of workplace are you located at?
I worked at a Chiropractor's office for the first two years..now I work at Hairport Salon and Day Spa [in Slidell, LA].

The massage area...where the healing begins!
(Photo courtesy of Ronald Brister)

What modality/technique(s) do you specialize in and/or would you like to learn more about?
Most of my clients come to me for deep tissue, reflexology and myofascial release. I would love to learn lymphatic drainage and am currently learning table thai.

Any hobbies/pastimes?
My first passion has always been theatre and music. I still sing fairly often in churches and gospel programs. I can sang!

What was the most memorable performance/concert/show you've ever been to? 

The most memorable performance,etc..is a hard one since I have been to so many. I always said the Stephanie Mills concert was the only concert that was great from beginning to end..but then so was Tony Bennett. Watching Baryshnikov dance was euphoric. Wicked was spectacular. I don't know girl. Can't narrow it down. 

Where did you last go on vacation?
Miami....and going to New York for Thanksgiving this year.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I don't have any wrinkles on my face..considering I am 49 years old. And OMG..I hate my double chin!

If aliens came to grant you one wish, what would it be?
Lots of money.

What is your mission statement as a LMT?
 To provide the utmost professional and caring body work possible.

For people considering going into the MT profession, what advice would you give them? And what should they and shouldn't they anticipate from such a career?

That it must be something you feel very deeply about. If you have any hangups about touching people, this is not the job for you. Don't expect that you are going to start making lots of money right away. Like any business, it takes time and commitment. You have to earn the trust of your clients. You have to put the time in at the office. So many young therapists are not disciplined enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment